Writing Crisis? 8 Reasons Why & How to Conquer Them: Part 8 of 8
If chaos is a necessary step in the organization of one's universe, then I was well on my way. Wendelin Van Draanen
“We think we can plan our lives," he muttered. "We think we can model reality. But chaos is an intrusive, inconsiderate bitch.” Linda Nagata
I have even been known to purchase my family some extra underwear, so I can stretch out the time between loads of laundry․‥(is that bad?).Lisa Lipkind Leibow
One person's data is another person's noise.K.C. Cole
drama, drama, drama. In real life it isn't a good thing, but on my pages it's magic #writing Tasha Kreger @TK_McGill
Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.Chuck Palahniuk
Write down your answer.
How can writing relieve the stress in your life?
- Write a letter to whomever or whatever is causing stress and drama in your life. Tell them all the ways their actions are upsetting you.
- Share every moment of despair, every slight, every inaction that caused you harm. Continue adding to the letter as events transpire.
- Seal the letter in an envelope. Burn the letter.
- Use the stressful situation as the setting for your next story. Change the nagging sister into the nosy neighbor, adjust the outcome, add more drama and intrigue.
- Switch the elements to turn your personal chaos into a story all its own.
- Writing Despite Grief
- Write in the Middle of Chaos
- Writing Fiction When Chaos Strikes Your Life
- Crying Out Loud
Write onFor me, writing, at times, can be an awful, miserable experience. Not writing is ten times worse.
Writing is not life, but I think that sometimes it can be a way back to life.Stephen King
- For me, writing has become a burden rather than a joy.
- I have nothing to say.
- I don’t want to write/post/publish if it isn’t perfect.
- I’m not sure where to start.
- I don’t want to sound stupid or uninformed.
- I don’t have time to write.
- What is the point? Why does it matter if I write?
- I have too much drama/stress/change in my life to write.